Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"Our Little House in the Country"

............ a little bit country...............

We moved just before Christmas and transitioning from city to country has been interesting.

This farm house is quaint and comfortable,  I'll call it, "Our Little House in the Country".

 You can see far into the distance...Mt. Diablo in the West and the Sierra's in the North East.

From the driveway there are just acres of vineyards. Behind us, well right now, 3 ft tall weeds for about 10 acres. We have 2 neighbors, but not close enough to tell if they are home or not.

Some say it is quiet in the country, but you hear the birds, not just singing, but chirping and pecking, the bees buzzing around the herb plants sound like a drum  hum, lizards wrestle in the nook and crannies and when discovered scurry away, oh, and the coyotes....well they howl...that's enough about that.
Someone dropped off a pregnant cat on our property and we now have 7 very hungry kittens, Mister D suggested naming them after the seven dwarfs, Now, let's not get too attached.
There are plenty of trees, different kinds of citrus; orange, tangelo, tangerine and lemon. Then there are fruit trees; plums, persimmon, pomegranate, peach, and avocado. About half a dozen walnut trees and a few rows of grapes...different varieties.



I spent most of the day doing yard work. It feels good to work outside.  Mister D taught me how to use all the electrical  garden tools. I can't believe I haven't done this before! I love to mow the lawn and trim the hedges. - oh, I probably shouldn't say that out loud. Funny thing, Mister D did the dishes and made dinner and I did the yard work today. I enjoyed having a different chore and so did he.

"Littel G" is working right along the side of me, weeding, sweeping and raking. "Little J" gathered sticks to be used for kindling and swept the front porch.  Then they played outside for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment