Thursday, December 3, 2009

A novel ending....

So...I know your wondering.. Did she finish her novel?


Good News

I completed the story; however, it is more of a short story.

It does not have a name but it has a voice.

I could not stretch out the story with gibberish nonsense to get to 50,000 words, which was the requirement for a NaNoWriMo novel, ( not gibberish, the 50,000 words :)) so I will not officially be a NaNoWriMo.

BUT

It was wonderful experience to be apart of the NaNoWriMo group. I realize what a daunting task it is to write a book! - and of course so do they, that's why they created this forum...to inspire people to write and get it all done in 1 month! This was not to have a perfect product but to have a beginning product.

Congrats, to the fellow NaNoWriMo who completed the task!

Many NaNoWriMo have published books because of there involvement in past years. Some shared their experiences and said it took several years after their first draft to publish a book.
(That was a good piece of information...perseverance is the key.)

The support group of people at WriMo's were constantly emailing me and telling
me to hang in there with my writing and not give up, that was nice; especially when I realized there was no way I was going to get to 10,000 words.

So many of them sounded like they were walking zombies, writing day and night and pretty much not leaving
the house, missing work and what not. HUH?? What?? Now that is dedication.

I was not willing to sacrifice that much at this stage in the game.

I did indeed stay up nights until 3am and shed many tears, as you well know!

Overall, it was a good experience and I look forward to doing it again next November.

For now, the next step is editing and fine detail!

Oh...the perfect title...that will come when it is ready and I am excited about that!

I have a beginning now!
I hope it has a happy ending, a novel ending!

(I will keep you posted.)









No comments:

Post a Comment