Thursday, April 12, 2012

reading instead of writing...

Since I have been, sedentary with this pregnancy, for reasons I'd rather not discuss. Let's just say I am having a really hard time getting around as my body is not a young and strong as it was in my 20's and 30's.  I am experiencing pain in the most private of areas because of engorging veins. Enough said.

Thus, I have been home and in bed mostly for the last month or so, and I have about 7 weeks to go. I am so glad I took my sisters advice and put the nursery together early.
Little G and I finished the baby's mobile and flag banner and we are trying to sew a few stuff penguins, as this baby has a little nickname....happy feet! So busy kicking all the time.

This brings me to my writing, which I haven't done that much of and when I have it has been handwritten. So, what have I been doing with all my down time.... reading!

I have read:

The Help by Kathryn Stockett
The Shack by Wm. Paul Young
The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
Extremely Close and Incredibly Loud by Jonathan Safran Foer
The Book of Mormon another testament of Jesus Christ (reading this with Little G)
and currently...
The Memory  keeper's daughter by Kim Edwards
and Nie Nie....or should I say Stephanie Nielson's new book, Heaven is Here.

I can't remember the last time I read so much in such a short length of time. I can't get enough though! Each author has such a unique story to tell and in such a different way.
I really liked them all. The Shack took the longest, It was a little hard to digest.
The last of the series in the Hunger Games lost my attention half way through and didn't end as I would have liked but the first one I read in 8 days.  This might seem like a long time to others, but I am a slow reader and only read for about 30 minutes at a time....because I almost always (ha ha) fall asleep. Plus I still have motherly and wifely duties to attend.

I hope that I  will TYPE my handwritten stories so that I can post them. I really want to be better at posting, but I also have to be realistic with a new baby coming it just might be a while.  I don't know if anyone really cares about what I am writing. I do know however, that this is a great way to keep my memories in tact and share with my immediate family and close friends.

I posted a new blog earlier this morning because the memories had to be preserved and I have another wonderful memory to write about, A date night with my Mister D. I just have to get that on paper before the feelings leave my thoughts...unfortunately this is all I have do today and I am not very comfortable sitting in bed with my "kitty" on my lap...so once again I will hand write it and then type it later.

Everyone is doing well.
My son...Little J is doing very well in school and received a spot on the honor roll.
Little G entered a poem contest for the entire school district and came in as a finalist.
I will post her poem when we get it back from the Superintendent of Schools.
Big Little is almost done with her first year in college and thinks she want to be a teacher.
My Biggest Little is still far from home and making plans to visit when the baby comes.
My Mister D has an interview for a promotion next Thursday....Yippeeee!!

I am blessed with so much and feel loved ...who could ask for more.

I hope, my dear friends...wherever you may be, that you might have joy.
M



This was taken in January!
I am afraid to post  a current picture, but I will soon, promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment