Friday, June 22, 2012

hearts grow w each new Little

Amazing how  our hearts grow with each new child that joins our family.

Somehow, we can do everything we need to.
Somehow there is just enough time,
just enough patience,
and just enough love to take care of every one's needs.

'Little G wanted to start a blog when her baby sister came.






She fondly calls her little sis, "Baby Cakes".

 I added her blog to my profile since she doesn't have an email.
It's entitled GiGi & Baby Cakes!  here is the link:  http://gigiandbabycakes.blogspot.com/
She has also had a daddy daughter date and several play dates with cousins and friends and her big sisters. I painted her nails and we had a picnic in bed. We want to make sure she feels special. Being the baby for 8 years and then having a new little take your place can be a little sad. I loved my time alone with Little G when everyone was in school we would have the day to ourselves, playing, talking, shopping and cleaning. She has such a special place in my heart.

Recently, Little J had a 3 day, 12 mile hiking trip with his scout troop. Mister took him to Big 5 to buy freeze dry meals and camping gear. He had  a camera but forgot to take pics....lol..." I was too busy having fun, mom." Well, that's good...I'll have to ask the adults next time. ;)
He's starting to enjoy his scouts and youth group at church. He will attend camp for a week next month. I am so proud of him.  It takes him a while to get used to new things. I just love his sweet, calm nature. When he was a young baby/toddler we would dance and bake together. We would make pizza and cookies. He loved to dance and play silly games with me. He was such a happy, smiling baby. We did so many things together when his big sisters were at school. He was so well behaved, I could take him anywhere and he wouldn't touch anything or he would stay seated when necessary and just watch. He is still good at that. He is easily entertained by watching others play.


He is very quiet about his feelings and hasn't been all over the baby like Little G, but he looks at her with such love and tenderness. He has been such a big helper. He's done all the laundry, takes out the trash, unloads the dishwasher, feeds the animals and just about anything I ask. He is always eager to please. I just love my little man.




Big Little....oh so sweet.  I just love her. She was very helpful while I was pregnant and even took me to the hospital when I was having some concerns. She was always on call...and ready and excited. (It was sad that when I actually had little Lou, she had strep throat and couldn't be there.) She was very interested in all that comes with being pregnant and being a mom. She painted my toenails when I could no longer bend to reach them and would come over and just sit with me, watch TV and eat snacks when I was on bed rest. She would bring me smoothies and little treats. She is very thoughtful and compassionate.
            Thinking back to when she was little I remember taking her to the park frequently and the library. Unfortunately, I had to work so, I didn't have the same day to day playtime as I do with my Littles now. But on the weekends we always had something planned. We went to the foothills; fishing, camping, metal detecting, gold panning and sight seeing. We attended local carnivals and play areas. There was always an adventure.  She had a lot of energy and kept me busy.  She was the baby for 6 years before Little J was born. I just love her. 



 My pumpkin princess, Biggest Little, My first born, she wasn't so sure about me having another Little when she first found out and it made me a little sad. I think she thought that maybe someone would get left out or replaced. I think she was not sure there was enough to go around. She was also concerned that she would not get to know this Little, since she was far away doing her own thing now.  She decided to move home just before our Littlest was born. We are so happy that she lives closer to the family, so she can feel more of our love not just hear it or read it. Being the oldest of 5 is no easy task, she feels a little burdened, but I think she see something else, something miraculous..... there is enough love and there is more love..

She has always been very responsible and mature. She has always been a big help. She tends to be a thinker and sometimes  thinks too much. She analyzes things, because of this she also internalizes things, so when she feels, she feels deeply. She want to make everyone happy and sometimes she forgets about herself because there ARE a Lot of OTHERS around{!}. She is learning this, to love herself first to love others more.
I think when you become a mother you learn this very quickly.

When she was younger she was happy with everyone. She would talk to anyone, go to anyone. She always had her thumbs up! Good times here. She was easy to please and not picky.  I worked full time and she stayed with her Grandma for a while, while I worked. They developed a great bond. When we moved to Arizona, before I started working again, we would go to the park and the library. I signed her up for a preschool co-op and we met some really nice people. When I went back to work one of the ladies did daycare in her home and that is where she spent her days.....lots of them crafting, as the babysitter was an artist with 2 of her own children. It was fun, but I now know how hard this must have been and I feel bad that I put work before my child. I have always felt close to my Littles but, I wish I had the time to do over again to spend all her days at home like I am now. {I am sorry Biggest Little}  I think she sees through the love of all the Littles that I love my family deeply and gave her what I could in the circumstances that I was under. I love her. I love all of them.



I have 20 years experience being a mom now. I hope to get it right in the next 20.
Loving every minute of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment